When it comes to beer cocktails, Micheladas top the list. I prefer to consume mine while walking the streets of a quaint Mexican town, but they are also a delicious accompaniment to an afternoon snack of chips and guacamole. The recipe is simple and can be easily adapted, so feel free to mix it to your own personal tastes.
Michelada Recipe
Adapted from Serious Eats
Makes 1 serving
1 ice-cold beer
1 dash of salt
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1-2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice (I think this is the best part so I add more)
2 dashes of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce
1 dash of soy sauce
1 dash of Worcestershire sauce (Maggi is the preferred brand around these parts)
1 pinch of black pepper
ice (optional)
lime wedges for garnish (optional)
On a small plate, mix together the salt and chili powder. Then, rim a beer glass with a little lime juice and dip it in the salt and chili powder mixture to cover the top of the glass.
In the bottom of the glass, add lime juice, hot sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Slowly pour in the beer. If you want, you can give the glass a big stir, but I think it is best to let the beer do the mixing when you pour it over the top of the ingredients. Add more beer as you drink and enjoy! Some people like to add ice, but I think if the beer is cold enough or if you serve it in a frosty mug it is unnecessary.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
dang that sounds bueno! let's have 'em for lunch!
ReplyDeleteI was having these yesterday, more or less (more: I added tomato juice, olives and seasoned salt and less: couldn't find any worcestershire, no chili powder). Tasty!
ReplyDelete